Access to and use of ‘Ogaden.com’ is provided by the Ogaden Online News Network
By using ogaden.com you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of ogaden.com. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to ogaden.com.
The Ogaden Online may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of ogaden.com will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website
Use of ogaden.com
You agree to use ogaden.com only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of ogaden.com. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the US and Canada.
Original content on this website attributed to and published by the owners and operators of Ogaden Online is intended solely for viewing at this Internet web site. This includes text, graphics, video and audio. The URL may be hyperlinked or cited elsewhere, and the user may make a single digital or printed copy of the text or graphic content for his or her personal reference. The user may not make a copy of audio and video context attributed to and published by the owners and operators of this website. Any other form of citation, duplication, distribution, or republication of the content of this page, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. Text, graphics, video and audio not produced by Ogaden Online and linked to this website are the sole property of the owners of such text, video, graphics or audio. Editorial views published on this website not attributed to the owners and operators of Ogaden Online represent the views of their authors and do not necessarily represent the views of Ogaden Online, its owners and/or operators. Ogaden Online reserves the right to pursue legal action to the full extent of applicable law should the above-stated notice be violated in any manner whatsoever
Contributions to the Ogaden Online
By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with the Ogaden Online you agree to grant to the Ogaden Online free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons. In certain circumstance, the Ogaden Online may also share your contribution with trusted third parties.
Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
In order that the Ogaden Online can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any US and Canadian laws, that you have the right to give the Ogaden Online permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 16.
If you do not want to grant the Ogaden Online the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with ogaden.com
In the case of news-related material please note that this may be shared with the Radio Xoriyo and Ogaden News Agency or other partners.
Ogaden.com Social Media/Communities
You agree to use Ogaden.com communities (including message boards) in accordance with the following Community Rules. These apply across all ogaden.com community sites and services. You should, however, read the local house rules of the particular site or service you’re using, as there may be some local variations to these Community Rules.
(i) About your posts:
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually-oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant ogaden.com community.
- No spamming or off-topic material: we don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don’t re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- No advertising or promoting.
- Contributions containing languages other than Somali and English may be removed
- No impersonation.
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
- URLs (web site addresses) can only be posted if allowed under any relevant local house rules.
- Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this, action may be taken against your account.
(ii) Your Ogaden Online Account:
If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
The Ogaden Online reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple Ogaden Online accounts
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) in any Ogaden Online community.
(iv) Legal requirements:
- You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in ogaden.com communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
- Contributing material to a ogaden.com community/Social Media with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You agree to submit to or share with ogaden.com communities only contributions which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarize, or infringe the rights of the Ogaden Online or third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
(v) If you’re under 16:
Please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before taking part in any ogade.com community.
Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, school, telephone number, your full name, home address or email address).
(vi) If you breach these Community Rules:
If you fail to abide by these Community Rules when taking part in a ogaden.com community, you will be sent an email which informs you why your contribution has been refused or edited. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include any content posted by you being checked before allowed to go on the site or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of ogaden.com community areas.
If you submit or share offensive or inappropriate content to or with any ogaden.com communities or anywhere else on ogaden.com or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on ogaden.com, and the Ogaden Online considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, the Ogaden Online may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement(s).
The Ogaden Online reserves the right to delete any contribution or take action against any Ogaden Online account, at any time, for any reason.